Saturday, April 2, 2011

Remington T-Studio Ceramic Pearl Professional Curling Wand




Remington T-Studio Ceramic Pearl Professional Curling Wand

So far this curling wand is pretty awesome. I have naturally curly hair, however my hair needs to be scrunched in order for my curls to be well defined. Unfortunately when you scrunch your hair you don't have much control over how the curl forms and ultimately how it looks. Also my hair is very picky with the type of products I use to scrunch it and how much I use. If I use too much or too little it ends up looking different from how I intended. I read really good reviews about this so I was convinced that it would work well for my hair.
    When I got it I half-heartedly tried to curl my hair while being distracted by numerous things, and after 15 minutes gave up. I was a little annoyed that it didn't seem very easy to use, as I'm pretty good at using hair tools. Awhile later when I wasn't distracted I decided to retry using it giving it my full attention. Again at first it seemed a little awkward to use. Then again I didn't read any directions nor did I even bother to see if it came with tips or directions. But after about 5 minutes or so I started to get more comfortable with how to use it to achieve the type of curl I was trying to achieve (big loose curls). By the time I had finished half my hair, I was much more comfortable with how to use the wand and by the time I finished all my hair (maybe after 15/ minutes? I wasn't diligently counting) I had figured out how to get waves, big loose curls, and tight small ringlet curls. I was really impressed with the overall results. 
   I have had my hair professionally curled numerous times, and by various methods. Not to mention I have used so many different types of hair rollers, that off the top of my head right now I can think of at least 5 different curling roller-type products I have used in the past, not to mention a regular curling iron, crimper and other hot tools I have used for curls. So when it comes to curling your hair I have a good idea of what I'm talking about, although I'm not an expert. Anyway I really liked the results I got from this curling wand, and after I sat down with my full attention it was actually really easy to use. It was quick too. Part of the reason it took me 15 or so minutes to curl my medium length hair is that I was trying to achieve different types of curls (big loose, waves, tight ringlets).
    The Remington T-Studio Ceramic Pearl Professional Curling Wand also gave my hair lots of body and it made my hair look very natural as oppose to a very styled look. It was also easy to get lift and curl pretty close to the roots, which gave more body and looked more natural. As for how long it lasted a few hours after I curled it my hair still looked like I had just curled it, but when I woke up in the morning the curls were completely destroyed, which is a little disappointing considering my hair is naturally curly and therefore holds curls well. I would have to try it again early in the morning to really figure out how well the curls stayed, but until I slept on it my hair looked like I had just done it. So overall I would say it will last at least a whole day. (I'll probably try it on someone else who has very straight hair so I can compare how well it works for straight hair.) 
   Another thing that I liked is that it comes with a heat-resistant glove. It was a very thin glove so it made it easy to section and hold hair, while still helping to keep a barrier between the wand and your hand. I didn't even come close to burning myself. Of the reviews I read about people burning themselves they either didn't use the glove or touched the barrel of the wand with the glove. (which it says on a warning sticker on the glove not to do). So I would say it is pretty safe, although I didn't use it on full heat (which is over 400 degrees) my hair didn't need it on that high to curl and I  wanted to keep the hair damage to a minimum. Overall I would say this is the best curling method for me, if not then a very close second to special rollers I have.

No comments:

Post a Comment