Saturday, April 30, 2011

LA Splash Glitter Mascara





LA Splash Glitter Mascara

I bought this mascara because I wanted to try a fun colored mascara. After looking for colored mascara at a couple of retailers I thought I would try this brand. I bought it from Ulta which has a money back guarantee, so I figured I had nothing to lose. I bought the colors: Electric Eel, and Envy. Which are really just purple and green. When I got them I put the purple on one eye and the green on the other to compare them and see how the colors looked. I have dark colored lashes. I really liked the purple colored one immediately. Purple eyeshadows look good with my hair and eye color and the purple mascara fit in well. From straight on the purple looks black. But if you look at it from even a slight angle you can definitely see the purple. It's also a nice darker colored purple so the color pops without being obnoxious. The green one I'm not sure I love it like I love the purple, but I don't quite hate it either. It's a bit brighter. From straight on the top lashes look black and the bottoms you can see the green, from an angle you can see the green on the top lashes. I wish the green was a bit darker, I think thats the problem I have with it. If it was a darker shade of green I think it would look nice and go better with eyeshadow that is darker. However as a fun day shade I think both the green and purple work well. I had two people look at my lashes and see if they noticed a difference. One said no and couldn't see the colored mascara and the other saw the mascara from over a foot away. So I guess it depends on the person as to how obvious it is. I was contemplating returning the green, but since the price was reasonable, (I got both of them on sale,) I'll probably keep it. Their both noticeable enough to see, (at certain angles and in certain light) without being overpowering or looking childish. I thought since I have dark lashes they would be less noticeable or barely noticeable but I was surprised that they stood out enough. I read other reviews that people with blonde lashes couldn't even see the color well. Besides the color, the mascara formula itself is mediocre. It does clump a bit if you apply too much or aren't careful when applying. I didn't curl my lashes when I put them on so I can't say whether they hold a curl well or not. They claim to be naturally waterproof and I didn't have a problem with them flaking or smearing off. They were also easy to remove with a makeup removing wipe. Overall they are cute fun colors that are good for day time, especially now that its spring. I don't think I would wear them at night, because the colors aren't sophisticated enough, but for day time they work perfect.


No comments:

Post a Comment